Vitamins to Promote Hair Growth!

We have all made this mistake. Many of us do not properly take care of our health. We fail to pay attention to what our bodies need and don’t eat the foods rich in these necessary nutrients and vitamins. Neglecting these valued minerals, vitamins, and nutrients can result in flat, limp, and dull hair drained of nourishment. This can even result in an alarming shed of hair.

If you are wondering how to get healthy hair, then you can rejuvenate your hair with nutrients and vitamins that promote hair growth. In looking for vitamins, be sure to select those that are high in the following:

Biotin and Vitamin E are nutrients that aid in the protection of cells from DNA impairment. This is truly helpful for the health of our hair; hair does not get much protection against the sun.

Vitamin D is important for maintaining strong hair. Omega 3 fatty acids make up roughly 3 percent of your hair and are contained in the cell structure of the skin in your scalp. Omega 3 fatty acids are also contained in the natural oils that hydrate your hair, making it essential for faster hair growth.

Not having enough Zinc in your diet can lead to hair loss, even in the eyelashes, so don’t forget about Zinc.

Protein is extremely important for the wellbeing of hair, as protein makes up 97 percent of the hair shaft; the other 3 percent come from the Omega 3 fatty acids.

Vitamin A is important for a healthy scalp. Being low in Vitamin A can result in an itchy and flaky scalp. The antioxidant beta carotene is consumed by the body and converted into Vitamin A. Beta Carotene can be found in pumpkin, sweet potato, apricots, mango, and carrots.

Iron is responsible for helping cells bring oxygen to the hair follicles. Being low in iron (anemia) can lead to hair loss.

Vitamin C is also important for promoting circulation to the scalp, supporting the small blood vessels that maintain blood flow to the scalp. Additionally, having not enough Vitamin C can lead to hair breakage. Vitamin C can be found in blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes, kiwis, and sweet potato.